Strengthening links within the community through these initiatives:
- Engaging ecumenically in mission in an ongoing way and particularly to foster stronger links with St Cuthbert’s.
- Since July 2008 we have had a Churches Together in Marton and Nunthorpe stall at the Cleveland Show, promoting the facilities available to the public.
- Continuing to strengthen the effectiveness of the toddler groups, especially for building relationships by encouraging more volunteers.
- Continuing to build links with Captain Cooks and Lingfield Schools and Tiny Turner’s Nursery.
- Maintaining school contact to offer invitations to special events and to continue the holiday club outreach. (when available)
- Exploring ecumenically the possibility of weekly after school group, and similar.
- A welcome pack for new worshipers has been developed and distributed to Rev. S Greenwood, visitors, libraries etc.
Strengthening links within the church family through these initiatives
- Social events within the church which range from quizzes to holding “Sing alongs” to the “Sound of Music” and “Joseph & his amazing Technicolor dream coat”.
- Annual day trips, in past years have visited Cragside & Seahouses, Lindisfarne & Alnwick Gardens.
- Organise visiting preachers for special occasions like our Church Anniversary services.
- Recommends the “annual charity” – in addition to the church’s regular donations we identify a specific cause which receives any profits from our social events
Our goals for strengthening family and outreach can only be achieved if we can encourage more volunteers to join us, perhaps not for all events but for what can be managed comfortably. If you feel that you can give us an hour or so of your time it would be much appreciated and would also raise the presence of our Church. New members of the group would be made most welcome.